Friday, March 09, 2012

My aspirational pants

Thanks Whitney! Mom jeans are back, after all. In the words of His Sartorialousness:

Trust me, French young ladies are still the ones to look to for the most aspirational new trends. The newest thing I’ve seen in the streets here in Paris are straight, wide leg jeans. Not flared or oversized jeans, but jeans with a wide leg hemmed right at the ankle and reasonably fitted at the waist. It seems simple, but in order to work the look just right the eye will have to adjust to this new proportion.
Trust me, folks. WWPD is your source for what the cool kids in Paris and Milan will be wearing. For reasons I myself can't figure out, it all starts here, in semi-rural Central NJ. "Sart" only posted this on March 6th, whereas my own "aspirational" pants arrived on February 24th. He totally saw me walking Bisou through the scientist housing complex and was like, yes, this is the new look for spring, but let me quickly Photoshop it onto some Parisiennes.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

No thank YOU, Phoebe, for keeping us ahead of the curve!

Phoebe Maltz Bovy said...

That is absolutely my mission in life. You're most welcome!