Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Enough blogarguments

Instead, photos of recent culinary and sartorial adventures.



Because apple crumble-ish cake requires vanilla ice cream.



Because shtetl apple cake requires shtetl literature.



An uncharacteristic attempt at non-pasta-based cooking: wheatberry salad and cannellini beans with maybe too much garlic.



An uncharacteristic attempt at wearing something other than corduroys or jeans. Scarf: teeny-bopper mall store purchase while on Birthright Israel. Jacket: City Opera thrift store, brand unknown, 2003-ish. Dress: Uniqlo, recent. Tights: Old Navy, last year. Shoes, Miu Miu (ebay? thrift?), but my mother might want them back.

4 comments:

Matt said...

The wheatberry salad is a fairly new discovery for me- the co-op where I mostly shop these days had it and we've been making it at home on occasion since trying theirs. Very tasty, I think. What are the orangish bits in yours? They look good, but I'm not sure what they are. We usually make ours with arugula, as it has more zest. I can't tell from the photo if that's what you're using or not, but it's nice to use.

Phoebe Maltz Bovy said...

Yes, that would be arugula. The orange is sweet potato or yam, something like that. The salad itself was not amazing, but wheatberries in general I like.

kei said...

Ooh, a white dress! This is inspiring me to pull out a Uniqlo dress to wear tomorrow. I'm also tempted to say that I'd like to wear more white, but I know this will be a failed project no matter what! haha.

Also, I thought of you when I saw this post: http://karen-wheredidugetthat.blogspot.com/2010/01/white-stars.html Galaxy fashion! Astronomie!

Phoebe Maltz Bovy said...

Kei,

If only the starry photos were the actual pattern of the dress! Still, very cool.

The white dress in the photo is actually the realization of a quest that started in the summer for this long-sleeve (or more like 3/4 sleeve) dress I saw a woman wearing in Germany. My only complaint about it is that it's this sort of clingy, stretchy material that for some reason Uniqlo, H&M and the like think make t-shirts and t-shirt dresses more classy. Why not just regular jersey?