Saturday, January 27, 2007

Coincidence

Recently, Jo was telling me about how his cousin's boyfriend, a cop in Antwerp, enjoys arresting people for jaywalking. I was in Antwerp several years ago, and was yelled at once for taking a picture inside a minimalist boutique, but don't remember anything about jaywalking. Given that I'm a New Yorker, I'm sure it happened. In any case, I had, in the back of my mind, that if ever in Antwerp again, I'd better wait for the light.

Since I'm not planning any trips to Belgium in the immediate future (chains Pain Quotidien and Petite Abeille are another story), it wasn't on the top of my list of concerns. I ought to have blogged about it, however, on the off-chance that The Sartorialist reads WWPD, as it could have saved him some trouble. Jo checked, and the cop in question was not his cousin's boyfriend, so this was a medium-sized, not big, coincidence.

No comments: