Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Report from the Reg

What with all the buzz surrounding the Reg today, here's a first-hand account of the Regenstein Library, 4th floor reading room, between the hours of approximately 7:30 and 10:30 p.m.:

  • Woman, probably grad student, with a meal in tupperware and a phone going off, albeit on vibrate.
  • Girl, probably undergrad, in sweatpants.
  • Co-blogger Nick, with whom there was much whispering and general silliness.
  • My physci textbook, notes, and old homeworks, with which I am now better acquainted than I once was, and with which I will become still better acquainted later tonight and tomorrow morning.
  • Natalie Portman, in the flesh, spreading jam on toast.
  • No wait, that was me eating a Twix and drinking the best coffee the basement of the Reg has to offer.
  • The Virial Theorem, in a g-string.
  • The Schwarzchild Radius, which has been measured to be the distance between the table at the Reg where I study and the single-user bathroom where I primp.

No comments: